Thursday 12 August 2010

十八相送 farewell 18 times

Is the peak of summer holiday , quite a few of my friends who are still in school are taking turn to go back to their own country for a break . but some of them choose to stay in Europe but having a round trip or enjoying their time anywhere with more sun then in London . Strange enough , one by one , they start  sending me msn , text , facebook or calling up  saying goodbye or telling me " i am in the airport now! ".It suddenly make me feel no one will ever come back , i am confuse myself  is this only a summer break ? It also flash back memory that since the peak of immigration trend before 1997 in hong kong, we used to say goodbye , a proper farewell in the airport , face to face , with the whole set of family and friends , this second watching the plane disappearing in the cloud , next second thinking which restaurant should go for big dinner  (  old hong kong airport are pack with all sort of restaurant around the area) . But then airport is in the city , too convenience that no one can refuse the farewell and the dinner .


 above title 十八相送 in my shit translation " farewell 18 times "
from a classic Chinese story " the butterfly lover ", it got a different meaning in the story.I like the 
words in chinese and it is also a very nice feeling when people still make afford to say goodbye in 
any sort of media, for me it show a very high respect and manner in modern world.Hey dont forget
it is just a holiday ............... see you guys soon !


No comments:

Post a Comment