Wednesday 15 September 2010

learning english



cant understand the cover design , a ball with layers of skin ?


find a copy of PRACTICAL ENGLISH USAGE at work , 
it is a very useful /interesting book than how it look .The book point out a lot of common mistake 
and misunderstanding in English writing/usage .Due to the book i start to chat away with a workmate about leaning English in this country(united kingdom ).I am a foreigner in this country , and i learn my English in Hong Kong since i born . English is always a tools /subject in my school life, i use English to take most exam for my whole life for example.Never a keen learner in language , but Hong Kong school make me learn all the spelling , grammar and writing. Learning English in Hong Kong is very academic , it is far more different way of learning compare to this country .
My workmate told me school in the UK have stop teaching grammar , i guess it is different anyway cos you use English here in everyday life , so u learn as time goes by . A language is always a language , i guess the primary idea is for communication .Further study on a language is not easy , and of cause it have its reason , for example for profession needs , and you can also learn the culture from the language . Even though i still think it is a shame that people don't start to learn English in a classic way , language is the heritage of the country , it should be pass on by generation to generation .I do think language is a important part of a history in any part on earth .



The book above sum up a small percentage of where my stress come from in my childhood .
We got a dictation every week from those story .



Word perfect spelling is also in the curriculum.
i do spell better when i was in school , i cant even spell now after i move to london.






   


1 comment:

  1. hahaha...i think i really need that PRACTICAL ENGLISH USAGE...where did u buy this....

    ReplyDelete